S&S replacing Hammer Assemblies with new

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:04:15 -0000

Hello List
In his excellent and descriptive answers to questions I dare not really =
ask BobDavis has posed a further item needing another dumb question: =
"and lock down the=20
cheek plate. This works. I like to position the cheek plates at the =
middle of their travel,..."
Please, Bob, what are cheek plates? First may I guess though? S&S Hammer =
Assembly shank has the "ears" and the flange grips the centre pin - are =
the cheek plates what I am calling "ears"?I suppose it's this old =
business of Anglo/American Terminology dichotomy....
As to the back action business - does the team think that by first =
boring and screwing the damper flanges - and then removing the screws =
and breaking the glue joint, this would make for a more tech-friendly =
action?
Over to you-all!
Michael G (UK)
ps any of you running for president?