S&S replacing Hammer Assemblies with new

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:34:32 EST

In a message dated 1/18/2004 1:04:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:
Hello List
In his excellent and descriptive answers to questions I dare not really ask
BobDavis has posed a further item needing another dumb question: "and lock down
the
cheek plate. This works. I like to position the cheek plates at the middle of
their travel,..."
Please, Bob, what are cheek plates? First may I guess though? S&S Hammer
Assembly shank has the "ears" and the flange grips the centre pin - are the cheek
plates what I am calling "ears"?I suppose it's this old business of
Anglo/American Terminology dichotomy....
As to the back action business - does the team think that by first boring and
screwing the damper flanges - and then removing the screws and breaking the
glue joint, this would make for a more tech-friendly action?
Over to you-all!
Michael G (UK)
ps any of you running for president?

 Michael
   The cheek plates Bob & Ed are referring to are the plates in the cheek
blocks that hold down on the action frame guide pin. The treble one is the
primary concern & it is the one being positioned in the middle of its overall
forward & backward line of travel. It is adjustable as are many/most makes.
  To the last question,uhh what Ron said.
   Dale