"Imago"

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:21:14 -0500

A have a 13 y/o Sauter 45" vertical  for sale. The Resonnance model.
Laminated bridge caps for one thing. The jacks have a second spring
on the long arm to keep them firmly on the butt; RR Technology -
what's that stand for?...Double Repetition?   The touch was heavy but
easing the damper springs brought it down to spec (there's a regulating
spec decal on the hammer rail).

One thing that bothered me was the height of the keys, 30 3/4" from the floor.
It was a little uncomfortable to play. I removed the casters and installed some
large nail-on glides. This dropped the height a little better than an inch
and it is now at a comfortable playing height.  I had to adjust the pedal travel
because of this but you'd never know to look at it or play it that it was on casters.

I spent a good deal of time hunting for a squeek on the pedals, it turned out
to be the bottom edges of the knee-board rubbing against the top-inside-corner
of the toe blocks.(ya gotta luv polyester) A little sanding on the knee board and all is quiet.

The bass is solid and clear, a real nice piano.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@comcast.net