Balwin spinet

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:06:10 -0800

The times that I've done this job by removing all the bass strings
first, I've noticed that the tuning of the tenor strings goes way off.
In recent years, I've done it one or two strings at a time, restoring
full tension before moving on to the next note, and the tenor tuning
remains virtually undisturbed. The job takes longer that way but it
seems to be the way that does the least harm, and time is saved by not
having to resettle the tuning.

Tom Cole