Coleman Pure 5ths. Temperament

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:48:05 -0700

I've been tuning our Wurlitzer/Samick C153 baby grand to well
temperaments.  We didn't like Young (G flat major thirds, D-F rough) and
ended up trying Barnes "Bach" Well Temperament.  We have enjoyed it.  My
wife plays everything from Bach to Katchaturian on it.  Mind you the
Katchaturian probably would be slightly less colorful if it was ET.
We have found that we are preferring the well-temperaments.  I did a gig of
tuning several pianos a day for more than a week, all ET, and I was struck
how bland it sounds.  ;-)

Andrew Anderson
Las Cruces, NM