Flange Bushing Cloth

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 06:14:15 -0500

Hello Isaac,

Yes, the long center pins are available in the US. Not only do they =
burnish, but you can file one end to a long sharp point and you have a =
perfectly sized reamer also.

A pinning plank? No, I don't use any such thing. What is that? Picture?

I did not know Renner sold "5 or 6 thickness of bushing cloth in strips, =
that you have to glue yourself". That sounds like a winner - next time I =
order, I will need to ask about those. Thanks.

I just don't do much rebushing work, so I really haven't noticed any =
drawbacks with the graphite that is reported to be in their cloth. I =
hear so much negative about it, I would just as soon use cloth without =
the graphite.

Terry Farrell=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac sur Noos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 3:23 AM
  Subject: RE: Flange Bushing Cloth

  Hi Terry,

  good to you that you catched on this, as it is the usual method for =
production repining. So the long center pins are available in the US ? I =
like the fact they burnish the cloth,it is faster than using a burnished =
separately. Many other advantages, as you state.=20
  Are you using a "pinning plank" to be at ease and pull the pin =
straight also ?

  Pre glued bushing flange are thickest than many old parts, but  they =
sell also 5 or 6 thickness of bushing cloth in strips, that you have to =
glue yourself (and graphite , they recommend !) pure wool is considered =
the good choice (while I never seen "Wool mark" mark on cloth !.

  Have just an idea about the graphite on the bushing cloth : its =
presence as an hygroscopic material, allow possibly the flange cloth to =
react more with humidity , then more thickness is obtained while the =
hole enlarges because of more humidity ? Let's stay positive !

  Best Regards.

  Isaac OLEG