Rebuiling uprights

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:27:17 EST

     Terry
    Judging from the mostly positive responses, No flame suit is required &
certainly for the truthful opinions expressed here.
  Thanks to all the great feedback on this thread. I believe the answer to my
original question is yes Some are doing this & yes perhaps & trend is/or will
continue to develop.
   Best to all
  Dale
I was just funnin' about the Mexico thing. I know he does the work in-house.

I have do disagree with you regarding the sound potential of the old
uprights. You suggested, "when properly rebuilt" that they have the potential to "give
a lot better sound than most of the bottom of the line grands you can find on
the market these days (Korean, Chinese etc.)." This is simply not true by
matter of omission, IMHO. I believe they have the potential to give a way, way,
superior sound than most of the bottom-level grands and mid-level smaller
grands and upper-level micro-grands (five-foot-ish) you can find on the market
these days.

I'd lend you my flame suit, but I just may need it!

Terry Farrell

Dale Erwin
Erwins Piano Restorations
4721 Parker Rd, Modesto, Ca. 95357