Upright Hammer Butts

Clark Sprague clark@evola.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:38:14 -0500

Hello, List!   I have been wondering if anyone has experience with =
applying Teflon spray to upright hammer butts. or McLube?  I have a =
customer that plays so lightly that the hammers are bubbling, and I =
tried a few sample keys- giving more dip, changing the backchecks, =
moving the letoff, etc.  None of the changes made her happy, and she =
claims that she doesn't like the Click feel.  I usually apply powdered =
teflon to Grands, but I was thinking that some spray would be certainly =
faster and easier.  I also know that faster and easier is not always =
applicable.  Just wondering if anyone does this, and their experience.
Clark Sprague, RPT