Cheap Rebuilding Stock

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 05:27:54 -0600

At 20:29 1/25/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>     It appears from the photo that the pedal lyre is not attached.It
> looks like it is sitting a little farther to the front then usual.Also
> the strings look to be pretty badly rusted.Do you think the people likely
> to buy this thing over the internet know that they are likely purchaseing
> a piece of junk,that will cost thousands of dollars to
> restore?      Robin Olson  RPT
>
>__________

I see that it went for $102.50.  It'll cost more than that to move it
anywhere, so basically somebody got a a PSO for nothing.

I say PSO, but it should be one which can be rehabilitated and actually
become viable. We used to have a couple of McPhail uprights here and I
second/third the opinion that they were sturdily built.

If anybody on the list gets to work on the beastie, I'm sure we'd all like
a first hand report.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.