Replacing upright panels with speaker cloth.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 05:43:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi Terry,
    Talkin 'bout yo' Mason ??? Doesn't it have a nice
panel held in by wooden swivel clips that you can
remove, allowing for the presence of a  fretwork panel
down there ( up top, too ) for child/drunk free
environments??? Mine did. As a mostly
acoustically-friendly alternative to cheesy looking,
modern speaker grill cloth, I sometimes put Jacquard
loom material in these spaces, which comes from my
local Hancock Fabric store in a  variety of reeally
neat, authentic picture weaves from the 19th century
that match the case style of the piano in question.
For example, for my Egyptian Revival ebonized Knabe, I
envision placing a scene of camels marching past the
pyramids of Giza that I saw there  recently. But I'd
better buy is now, as these are limited production
runs which are only dragged out of the vault
periodically.
     This is also great when the original fretwork is
damaged beyond repair, of missing entirely.
     Thump