loose tuning pins / CA glue

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:57:53 EST

In a message dated 26/01/04 9:00:22 PM, imatunr@srvinet.com writes:

<< The CA that one can get in the tube is not usable on tuning pins or bridge
pins. That would equate to the thich CA.
Joe Goss >>

Not absolutely true Joe....... I suppose it depends on the brand....... I use
CA by DURO and it comes in 1 oz. tubes. The tube remains unopened and has an
extremely long shelf life until opened. Opening the tube consists of screwing
the applicator cap on which in turn breaks the seal and allows glue to flow
through the applicator tip when the tube is squeeeeeeeezzed. :-)  Duro comes in
two viscosities in the 1 oz. tube..water thin and gel. These tubes may be kept
in the car during summer and winter without going off for a long long long
time if not opened.
 Cost in these tubes is 1.29 / 1.49 for a two tube pack...certainly within
range of economical one use thingees........... Of course larger tubes/bottles
are available for larger jobs but for the small quick repair these small tubes
are the cat's pajamas!!
Jim Bryant (FL)