Wieler squeaky keys

James Kelly jkelly1722@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:53:58 -0500

Squeaky keys on a Weiler studio- Any and all tips would be appreciated to eliminate squeaks on keys of a Weiler studio. This is a piano made in he Eastern European community assembled in the Netherlands. Spangler and Sohne is a similar animal. Anyway many of the keys in the 3rd and 4th octaves squeak nice mice at the balance rail. I removed the keys, cleaned the pins, polished and lubed
with Proteck spray. AT first I did 4 keys as a test ant the squeal was gone. Then I did about 25 more- all fine after doing the above fix. About 2 hours later the squeaks are back and more keys are squeaking. I need to return SOON and wonder if I am missing something,
I need to check the key frame and I had a suggestion from someone that teflon powder on the balance rail bushings might work.
Short of re bushing is there any tips out there ? Anyone work on this brand of piano ?
Thanks,
Jim Kelly
Associate Member PTG , Palmetto SC Chapter
Pawleys Island, SC

James Kelly
jkelly1722@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.