Wieler squeaky keys

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:06:25 -0700

Hi James,
If the bushings are the problem and are leather or VERY firm felt =
Ballistol will do the trick.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: James Kelly=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 4:53 AM
  Subject: Wieler squeaky keys

  Squeaky keys on a Weiler studio- Any and all tips would be appreciated =
to eliminate squeaks on keys of a Weiler studio. This is a piano made in =
he Eastern European community assembled in the Netherlands. Spangler and =
Sohne is a similar animal. Anyway many of the keys in the 3rd and 4th =
octaves squeak nice mice at the balance rail. I removed the keys, =
cleaned the pins, polished and lubed
  with Proteck spray. AT first I did 4 keys as a test ant the squeal was =
gone. Then I did about 25 more- all fine after doing the above fix. =
About 2 hours later the squeaks are back and more keys are squeaking. I =
need to return SOON and wonder if I am missing something,
  I need to check the key frame and I had a suggestion from someone that =
teflon powder on the balance rail bushings might work.
  Short of re bushing is there any tips out there ? Anyone work on this =
brand of piano ?
  Thanks,
  Jim Kelly
  Associate Member PTG , Palmetto SC Chapter
  Pawleys Island, SC

  James Kelly
  jkelly1722@earthlink.net
  Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.