Vertical Damper Regulation

Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:57:07 -0000

Hello Terry
You asked: "how does one go about bending damper-head wires on verticals =
without trashing the hammer-butt springs - not that I disturbed a single =
one of course - but I can see the potential to do that.   ;-)
I say - you use the right tools! They look like long thin screw-drivers =
with a lump on the end and a slot in that lump at 90, 45, and 0 deg. I =
frequently do minor "bend forward" adjustments by tipping the action =
forwards, thumb on the damper drum, middle finger on the damper body =
and... gently bend. It always bends at the entry of the damper =
wire/damper body point. To reverse this 'tis necessary to use the 90 =
deg. bender if poss - if not, then the 0 deg. bender from the side and =
... twist it man!
Regards from another beautifully sunny day which started at -2 deg in =
Sunny Sussex.
Michael G (UK)