Muting felt strips

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:05:35 EST

In a message dated 1/30/2004 5:32:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
swidmer@rochester.rr.com writes:
I am having a tough time finding replacement muting felt strips (untapered)
for tuning.  My old strips are so compacted that they aren't muting anymore.
I called Schaff but they only have the tapered kind.  All I want are the
old-fashioned red wool strips.  Any ideas.  Thanks

pianotech
     To whoever you are
    I second Mike Kurtas idea. I've used the thickest action cloth (green
)that schaff sells. It's easilt stripped ,it holds up for a very long time & it
doesn't spread the string as much as the thick read strips which tends to
create tuning instability. Try it you';ll like it.
   Name unknown