All day"noshows"/Attitudes

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:00:37 -0500 (EST)

Curious;
Prevailing attitude will be towards all day "no
shows."

  For tuning "no shows", depending the client
relationship a nominal service call may be billed.
A long term client would be given consideration.

   But what of a big Job, 8 hours, $400.
A new client, having not serviced the piano in 20
years. I had done an estimate 1 month ago.Was
to return addressing bass bridge problems then
clean, lubricate, regulate, pitch raise, tune.

   Specifically,in this case I had to turn down a C7
concert tuning and subcontracted it out. Plus have
had several short notice request I could not take
on this week.

   SO.....

   A discussion on professional attitudes
There have been discussions regarding "no shows",
but I do not recall one specifically regarding
sacrificing a whole days work. (Not entirely true, as
there is a no shortage of delinquent work to address
in my shop)

                        Cheers
                        Dave Renaud
                        RPT