OT: Kevorkian who?

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:46:00 -0500

Hi Peter,

> Actually, if you are so concerned about saving lives here in the
> U.S. You might as well give us a 6-8 paragraph discourse on the
> Democrats justification of abortion.
> Just kidding, political stuff on list is a "no, no."

BAIT!!!  ... but no bite

'Fraid you have me figured wrong.  I'm not a party line Democrat by any
means.  I'm an independent, free thinker, and abortion is an extroardinarily
complex issue with no obviously correct answer.  IMO, anyone who claims to
have "the" correct answer is surely a rather shallow thinker.  My position,
other than that I don't have one?  Well, if my mom had aborted my pregnancy,
I wouldn't be here today to gripe about the prez.  How's that?  (Makes you
reconsider your stance on abortion, doesn't it?!) ;-)

Dems and Reps will disagree on many issues, but as a fiscal conservative, I
dearly hope that some of the gripes/frustrations I have voiced/vented
resonate equally on both sides of the isle.  I would hate to think that we
are a nation of sheep, willing to nod approvingly at whatever our leader
says or does -- even if we voted for him.  A quote passed my way today, and
it is quite fitting:  "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public."  (Theodore Roosevelt)  Question your leaders, folks, and hold them
to task.  Also question your political parties and do the same.  Above all,
don't be blindly sucked into the totality of any given platform, either
Republican or Democratic!  Think for yourselves!  That's why the goddess
done gived us a brain.  If you disagree with anything I've written, I
certainly respect that, so long as you disagree for a good reason -- not
because your leader or political party party told you to -- and NEVER "just
because."

~ end of discourse ~  (... and on to the next course)

Seriously, my apologies to the list.  I wasn't here for the great cigar
debate, whatever that might have been, and I didn't know the list swore off
political stuff after the cigar smoke cleared.  (I do see quite a lot of
political content anyway!)

Peace,
Sarah