Kawai KG-2

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:16:46 +0000

     Don Mannino will probably jump in to straighten this out.I think RX series replaced the KG series.GE series had been around for awhile,I think they are GM's now.The GS is now EX,or actually RX is slightly better quality than the KG,so the RX is more like a replacement for the GS.The EX is a whole new catagorie apart from other production Kawais.Now where do Shiguru's fit in all of this?
     I think the question about treble string replacement has to do with string breakage.String breakage occurs when treble hammers are allowed to get too hard,by lack of fileing and voiceing.Since over time this condition can fatigue strings,I guess some technicians find it suitable to replace strings.Lets hope they also take care of the hammers as well or the breakage problem will reoccur.
                                                     Robin Olson RPT