Kawai KG-2

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:43:35 -0700

The Shigeru's fit in with the EX. In fact, the first Shigeru, although =
they didn't call it that, was the EX. They decided to use the same hand =
crafted techniques they used for the EX in another line of regular sized =
pianos, and the Shigeru was launched.
The GE series apparently has been replace with what they're calling the =
GM series, which is their good, but more modest line. The RX's are their =
very good standard Grands, which, by the way, if you really have the =
time and want to put the effort into, can be brought up to almost the =
same level as a Shigeru.
    It's like Yamaha, in some respects.  Think of the RX as their "C" =
series, with the Shigeru being akin to their "S" series.  That should =
clear it up for you.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: DCrpt@comcast.net=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 7:16 AM
  Subject: Re: Kawai KG-2

       Don Mannino will probably jump in to straighten this out.I think =
RX series replaced the KG series.GE series had been around for awhile,I =
think they are GM's now.The GS is now EX,or actually RX is slightly =
better quality than the KG,so the RX is more like a replacement for the =
GS.The EX is a whole new catagorie apart from other production =
Kawais.Now where do Shiguru's fit in all of this?
       I think the question about treble string replacement has to do =
with string breakage.String breakage occurs when treble hammers are =
allowed to get too hard,by lack of fileing and voiceing.Since over time =
this condition can fatigue strings,I guess some technicians find it =
suitable to replace strings.Lets hope they also take care of the hammers =
as well or the breakage problem will reoccur.
                                                       Robin Olson RPT   =
 =20