Werzen/Ronsen hammer update

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 23:09:07 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2004 6:02:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
alaskapiano@ak.net writes:

Tom,
    Dan McElrath, RPT, Anchorage, Alaska. I do the lions share of the concert
work here in Anchorage at the University of Alaska and the Performing Arts
Center venues. Both of these halls have Steinway "D's" in need of new hammers. I
have used Abels from Wally Brooks on other instruments but have not ventured
beyond Steinways camp when rebuilding their pianos. Can you tell me how the
Werzen hammer compares to Abel and Renner blues ? Or have you used those before
? I am not familiar with Werzen, what are their origins, pedigree and outlets
? Can you get them prehung ?
    Thanks for any information you might could pass on, don't have many
opportunities to chat with experienced techs here in the Greatland and am new to
this outlet.

Thanks,
Dan McElrath
Alaska Piano Services
       Hi Dan
     I thought Dan Lundell was also invloved there as well. Say Hi.
     There are quite a few recent articles on these hammers in the archives
by myself , Andre & others. I wouldn't hesitate to use these on your D. See my
first post about my first set on a Knabe  9 ft. last month.
  If you have any trouble post back.
   Regards
  Dale Erwin

Erwins Pianos Restorations