P12 in Tunelab Pro

Chris Gregg cdgregg@telus.net
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:46:38 -0600

I correspond with Virgil quite regularly.  He recently sent me an article
he has written called  "The Marvelous Ear."  He talks about the amazing
ability of the ear that science has not been able to duplicate, that
combines all the partials of a note in to one sound and pitch when we
listen to it naturally.
         He also talks about the difference between what the ear ordinarily
hears and what it can be trained to hear.  The problem that I had as a
machine tuner was exactly that.  I would try too hard to hear all the
partials, often missing the obvious.  Tuning should not be that difficult.
         I too use 12ths and octaves in balance and find that it puts the
color and bloom in to the tuning.

Chris Gregg
At 06:37 AM 6/1/2004, you wrote:nd