Shift pedal for Steinway XR grand

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:48:47 -0500

>Ron,
>Thanks for the quick response, and for correcting my terminology. Clutch is
>much better than heal!

Good old handy dandy reference books.

>Just to make sure I understand, the engagement block is screwed to the
>bottom of the action, which must be removed every time the action is
>removed. That makes voicing in the shift position rather tedious.
>
>Again, thanks for the help.
>
>Jerry Cohen

Yup, you seem to have a firm grasp of the situation. Of course you could
rout out and reinforce an appropriate channel in the bottom of the action,
re-mounting and/or modifying the shift lever to make it work like a
non-player. That way, it's only inconvenient once.

Ron N