Shift pedal for Steinway XR grand

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:43:49 -0400

Ron,
Thanks for the quick response, and for correcting my terminology. Clutch is
much better than heal!

Just to make sure I understand, the engagement block is screwed to the
bottom of the action, which must be removed every time the action is
removed. That makes voicing in the shift position rather tedious.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jerry Cohen

See the screw hole pattern around a bunch of nipple holes on the bottom of
the action where the shift lever clutch (piano parts and their functions
term) is? There was a maple block that screwed to that from underneath,
that was both a gang connector for the nipples, and a shift lever clutch
engagement for the action. Just make a block that works with the shift
lever and screw it on. No glue. You, or someone, will have to take it off
to pull the action some day.

Ron N