Yamaha hammer spring cord replacement, was Re: U1 hammer butt problem

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:31:43 EDT

Terry,

Tom Cole(and others) say they can replace the cords in 2 or 2 1/2 hours.  Tom
gave at a technical at a chapter meeting last year where he gave a slide show
and step-by-step instructions.

I've never done it before, but I have a cord replacement job pending.  I'm
figuring on 4 hours as a first timer, counting learning curve.  Fortunately, the
piano belongs to a store I contract for, so it's an ideal guinea pig
situation.

If the pinning is still good, most people seem to think it's faster to do the
cords than to replace the flanges.

Dave Stahl