Wurzen felt alert

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:09:16 EDT

All hammer philes

Wurzen felt alert:
     The Ronsens are aligned in the stwy A so I had a better  hearing of
them.   The piano is tuned & dampers in. Lots of pop in octaves 4,5,6,7. Maybe
another light filing  or light juice in very top. Octave 3 will improve with
ironing or playing.  The some notes above & below the tenor break & also into the
killer octave need minor needling to open up the tone. Maybe 4 to 6 sticks
with a single needle. They have plenty of front end pop but no metallic ping as
is the case so often with Renner, Abel, Tokiwa etc. etc. Some notes sound a bit
choked which could be the felt being too tight or wrong hammer line. I'll
see. I suspect single needling in the 11 & one oclock areas to be where needles
will serve best. More later.
    The low bass mono-chords for my ear needs more bite, & for me it needs
some 4 or 5 to 1 lacquer. The rest is dark but gutsy & excellent sustain is
present thru out the piano which indicates appropriate resilience.
  The inherent tone color is balanced & interesting. Overall there is much
initial sound right out of the box with just a fine filing with fine grades of
paper (320--400). Play in will only add to the intrinsic musical beauty already
available. A slam dunk in my book.
    Dale