"Musicsorb" humidity control

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:21:52 -0500

>In the May issue of the PTJ, (bottom of page 39), there's an ad for "Music
>sorb", which is used for humidity control. Has anyone used this product? I
>checked out the website and it looks like an interesting alternative to
>"Dampp-chaser". It uses no heat or electricity, and supposedly works by
>both absorbing and releasing moisture to keep the RH in the "safety zone".
>
>The website is: <http://musicsorb.com/>http://musicsorb.com/
>
>the technician Login is "techpage", and the password is: "Piano"
>
>Terry Peterson

Assume for a moment that you lived in a climate that actually fluctuated
enough to need humidity control, and ask yourself how many gallons of water
a Dampp-Chaser humidifier goes through in a winter. Then picture a
Musicsorb canister absorbing that much water over the summer into a volume
hundreds of times smaller than the water would take up if a winter's worth
was stored in one container, and ask yourself if it is physically possible
for this thing to do the job of a Dampp-Chaser. Then check the archives and
read the repeated discussions on the list about this very thing.

Ron N