U1 hammer butt name problem OT

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 00:32:18 -0400

Hi Avery,

You wrote to Tunaguy:

>Most of us do. Why don't you? What do you have to hide?=20

For all it's worth (and I'm being a devil's advocate here -- or an =
homoichthyan advocate, as the case may be), some people do have things =
to hide, and they can be things that have nothing to do with their =
participation in this list.  For instance, talk to anyone who has come =
out of a vicious divorce (e.g. with private investigators, stalking, =
ongoing litigation, etc.), and you will understand the extremes to which =
one must sometimes go in order to protect one's privacy.  When one puts =
a name to a post, there can be consequences. =20

There are numerous reasons why a person might want/need to be anonymous, =
having absolutely nothing to do with his or her intentions on this list. =
 Isn't this world screwed up enough that we can all kinda appreciate how =
that can be true?  I have no trouble calling this shadowy duo "Tunaguy" =
and "Topper."  But then again, I didn't invent the list rules.

Peace,
Sarah