U1 hammer butt name problem OT

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:56:06 -0400

         While I have tried to resist posting on this subject I'd just like=
=20
to say I wouldn't want to see you leave. I'd prefer to see a post from you=
=20
at least stating the reason for not using your real name though. I can't=20
envision what harm a stated reason would cause. Are you in the witness=20
protection program or something? The reason I'd like to see a name is the=20
same reason I don't mind seeing OT posts. I view this list as a group of=20
personalities with a  common interest. Sometimes we clash sometimes we=20
agree. There are things in this world that affect us all and since we have=
=20
a common interest we can share our views from the point of view of a common=
=20
bond. That makes it a little more personal, thus the desire to see one's=20
name attached. I respect your "right" to not use your name. I just wish I=20
knew the "reason" for it.

Greg Newell

P.S. I'm sorry that you are getting so much bad "press" for this when you=20
didn't start it. I wish the same as above from the other individual who=20
chooses to remain un-named.

At 08:21 AM 6/6/2004, you wrote:

>In a message dated 6/6/04 3:40:15 AM, acaught@bigpond.net.au writes:
>

>>The use of PTG as a non de plume appears as an insult to those that also=
=20
>>respect what it stands for so to<mailto:Pianotunaguy@aol.com>=20
>>Pianotunaguy@aol.com why not use a different name just out of respect for=
=20
>>your peers.
>

>I never intended any disrespect.  The PTG (Piano Technician's Guild, that=
=20
>is...) has been a positive influence on my career, life, etc.  I came up=20
>with the name first, and then realized the initials spelled PTG!  Just=20
>seemed like a happy coincidence.  I like the irreverence of the name; it=20
>bespeaks an informality which is who I really am: just a
>
>Piano Tuna Guy

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20