So Long from PianoTunaGuy (OT)

Pianotunaguy@aol.com Pianotunaguy@aol.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:40:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/04 10:14:28 PM, avery@ev1.net writes:

>=20
> It seems to me that either we ALL sign our names, or let it go.=A0
>=20
> Most of us do. Why don't you?
>=20

I guess it's the "most of us" part.  I lurked on this list for years,=20
realizing that protocol called for me to sign my name if I posted anything.=20=
  Now=20
that there are a few individuals who have broken through this barrier and ha=
ve=20
become accepted on the list in spite of their anonymity I thought I'd come o=
ut=20
of hiding and ask a question, or even answer one!

I do respect the collective knowledge, experience, and high ethos of this=20
list.   And, I also respected the rule ("sign your own name") for years by n=
ot=20
posting.   It wasn't me who broke through into this new territory.  =20

Really, to be honest, I am, myself, a bit saddened by the loss of=20
accountability and candidness that the list's convention brought with it.  =20=
To paraphrase=20
Groucho Marx: "I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me."=
 =20
  In that light, I respect your collective outroar over my unwillingness to=20
sign my name.   I would respect you less if you didn't.  =20

I've enjoyed reading all your posts; I've learned quite a few things over th=
e=20
years from all of you.   Sorry if I ruffled feathers.   And I'm sorry I've=20
taken up bandwidth with this OT thread.  =20

I'll go back to lurking the list, along with my wife, PianoTunaGirl.   (She=20
told me not to post all this BS.   As usual, she was right.)

My best to all,
PianoTunaGuy