So Long from PianoTunaGuy (OT)

Paul Chick paulchick@myclearwave.net
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:33:35 -0500

PianoTunaGuy,

I like the name.....catchy, clever.  I too have been one to "monitor" the
list in search of ideas, answers, camaraderie, etc, and usually just skip
the stuff that I'm not interested in.  There are probably more people that
watch the list than those that actually contribute.  Why?  Could it be
because the way people are treated on the list?  Could they feel that if
they do contribute, that their contribution may be attacked?  There are a
few people that contribute to the list all the time.  Do they know more than
those that do not contribute?  Who developed the list?  Who made the rules?
Can we see a copy of the rules?  Are these ridiculous questions?  Stupid
maybe?  I too tried to make contributions to the list and felt that it was
just better to stay quiet and learn.....searching the archives, studying
topics because a few self-proclaimed gurus make you feel like you have
nothing to contribute.  I have the utmost respect for those that contribute
something positive to the list about pianos.  I thank you.  It's the little
things that I have learned that are making me a better technician.  To those
that spend their time policing the list, don't you have better things to
do.....like fix a piano?

PianoTunaGuy, I hope you keep watching the list.  If you can wade through
all the BS that goes on, you'll continue to learn stuff.

List Police, before responding to this email, answer some questions:

1)  Am I frustrated with this topic?  If yes, don't respond.  Everyone will
agree that it doesn't solve anything, and it just looks/sounds stupid.
2)  Is it constructive?  If no, don't respond.  Everyone will agree that it
doesn't solve anything, and it just looks/sounds stupid.
3)  Have I responded to this topic already?  If yes, don't respond.
Everyone has read your previous post and knows where you stand.  Any further
post would just look/sound stupid.
4)  Do I have time for this?  If no, don't respond.  Go fix a piano.

Regards,

Paul Chick, Jr.
Plainview, MN