So Long from PianoTunaGuy (OT)

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:41:17 -0500

 posts."
That doesn't constitute much of a set of "rules" for the list. =
 The "rules" have really evolved.  Subscribers have tolerated OT=
 posts until it reaches a critical level (I don't know what=
 percentage of post that is) and then OT posts about OT posts=
 start!  Bad language is usually quickly criticized by the=
 membership, off color comments and jokes will get you some=
 rebukes.
As you are not given a list of rules of conduct in the lobby of=
 the convention hotel, the same common sense that prevail's there=
 should prevail here.  I suppose that if a member put their badge=
 in their pocket upon leaving a class and refused to identify=
 themselves in a casual conversation in the lobby, the feeling=
 would probably be similar to what we have here.  No law says=
 they have to identify themselves, just common courtesy.  I have=
 carried on conversations with unidentified people and it didn't=
 harm me in any way.
Frankly, I'm not embarrassed by who I am (maybe I should be!?) so=
 I have a signature line on each post.  I do know that there have=
 been aggressive political deeds done in PTG that have hurt some=
 people and that might make them reluctant to identify=
 themselves.  Who knows?
dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts