Today's lesson: why knots are sometimes a good idea

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:04:14 -0600

Hi Dave you mean you have ALL THAT room? <G>
Boise State University is now helping me with a new design coil maker =
and splice knot tool.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 1:23 PM
  Subject: Today's lesson: why knots are sometimes a good idea

  List,=20

  Now I really wish I'd been able to tie that #1 (A0) bass string that =
y'all were kind enough to explain a bunch of knots for.  The limiting =
factors were space in the piano, and thickness of wire.=20

  I got the new string, put it on in a few minutes, looked great, sounds =
like crap.  A major rattler....:-(  The supplier will replace it at no =
charge, but it's a gratis house call and installation for me.  Oh well, =
at least it isn't far away.  =20

  Time to get out the pliers and practice on some #22 in a space the =
size of a child's shoebox.=20

  Dave Stahl