Today's lesson: why knots are sometimes a good idea

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:48:06 EDT

List,

Now I really wish I'd been able to tie that #1 (A0) bass string that y'all
were kind enough to explain a bunch of knots for.  The limiting factors were
space in the piano, and thickness of wire.

I got the new string, put it on in a few minutes, looked great, sounds like
crap.  A major rattler....:-(  The supplier will replace it at no charge, but
it's a gratis house call and installation for me.  Oh well, at least it isn't
far away.

Time to get out the pliers and practice on some #22 in a space the size of a
child's shoebox.

Dave Stahl