2 Mason and Hamlin Grands

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:53:30 EDT

     Hi Garnet
   I am veteran rebuilder of 32 yrs. in Calif. I specialize in Mason & Hamlin
& Stwy grand pianos.  To be completely frank & candid , I find that school
pianos in general are the most beat up & poorly maintianed of all the pianos I
see. Therefore from a wholesale point of view they usually aren't worth much. I
purchased 4 Mason & Hamlins from the U. of Ark. 2 years ago for $1000.00 a
piece plus about $350.00 in shipping per unit. These pianos were trashed &
needed complete rebuilding. Two of the Mason A's  needed new soundboards.
  More info is helpful such as overall condition from a techs point of view,
age ,color, serial no. Ivory keyes?, probably not anymore. Thanks for the
posting & any further info.
    Dale Erwin

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.