Pulley Keys

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:13:59 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/04 5:33:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> Anybody want to share favorite methods for fixing pulley keys?

David,

I use Titebond as filler and a dummy keypin, which I remove after the hole is
sized but before it dries completely.  I try to be as tidy as possible so as
not to get any leftover glue on the bottom of the key.  This method works well
after one gets a bit enthusiastic in easing balance rail holes in soft
keys(DAMHIK). There are other methods in the Journal which were published last fall,
I believe.

Dave Stahl