A Tools Value

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:39:30 -0700

I'm constantly annoyed by the way a lot of technicians are really
cheap-skates, who are always carping about how much tools, materials,
conventions, etc. cost! Sheesh! Onesti's system is a whole lot of bang for
the buck, IMO. In order to offer something like that to the "masses", takes
a lot of work. If you would go to his web site and read his explanation of
how the tool works and the time it takes to do the job(s), then you'll have
a much better feeling for the value of his tools/system. I personally don't
have his tool(s), although I can see the true value of the tools, and
especially the value of his effort(s)! If you ever get the opportunity to
make a tool and then go through the effort of patenting, marketing and the
constant effort of making up the tool for each order, you'll quickly
understand what it takes. A lot of frustration and wasted time is spent in
such an effort.
IMO, the cost of our tools, necessary to do what we do, is VERY cheap
compared to other businesses. If you doubt that, then check out your
plumber, electrician, machinist, carpet cleaner....the list is endless! A
quality tool, which I consider Onesti's to be, is cheap at any price. A
cheap tool, is worthless, no matter how cheap.
Food for thought, y'all.<G>
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I