Dang buzzy string

Piannerman@aol.com Piannerman@aol.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:10:39 EDT

Dear People,
     I have this piano at a church, its a Kawai grand, 20 yrs. old, about
6.5'.  It has a note in the midrange that has a barely audible buzzing.  I
whacked (lightly) the bridge pin(s) with a hammer (a small one) and the buzzing
stopped.  But it came back in a day or two.

     Do you think this is a loose bridge pin?  Is the fix to get a bigger
hammer?  I can go up to a 9 lb. sledge.  Or do I need to pull the pins out and
epoxy back in?  Any chance it could be something other than a pin?  Like the
bridge itself is loose?

     As always,  I appreciate very much any constructive comments.  Thanks in
advance.

Charles Cron
Nashville Associate