Unstable Yamaha C7

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:39:36 -0400

Agree. And on an upright with a DC installation, I make sure to keep the =
kneeboard in place while tuning. I have noticed pitch fluctuations in =
such a case when it has been removed.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul McCloud=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:33 AM
  Subject: RE: Unstable Yamaha C7

  Mark:
      I think your problem is definitely the temperature fluctuation.  I =
always ask the customer to close the door/window to eliminate any breeze =
over the piano.  I also ask them not to change any climate control that =
they normally use when I'm not there.  (Sometimes they'll turn the air =
cond. to make me comfortable).   I've found that any change in =
temperature around the piano affects my tuning, and the strings are =
vulnerable to temperature changes especially when the cabinet is opened =
for tuning (uprights).  =20
      Hope this helps,
     =20
      Paul McCloud