(no subject)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

hammer head loose?
Thump
--- pianovt@yahoo.com wrote:

---------------------------------

Hello John,

As an experiment, what happens if you raise the hammer
rest rail alittle?
Also, make sure the rail is tightened.

If the noise stops when the rail is raised, I would
guess that thebottom
of the shank is probably bouncing off the top of the
adjustment screw onthe
repetition lever.

Vladan

I have a clicking sound whenvarious hammers return
that I can't isolate. It happens with the action in or
out of the piano. It appears to come from around where
the hammer hits the "cushion" (Iforget what that's
called) on the hammer stop rail. The hammer doesn't
appear to hit hard enough to cause a click - I just
can't find where it's coming from.Thanks!- John