clicking on hammer return

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello John,

As an experiment, what happens if you raise the hammer
rest rail a little?  Also, make sure the rail is
tightened.

If the noise stops when the rail is raised, I would
guess that the bottom of the shank is probably
bouncing off the top of the adjustment screw on the
repetition lever.

Vladan
=======================

I have a clicking sound when various hammers return
that I can't
isolate. It happens with the action in or out of the
piano. It appears
to come from around where the hammer hits the
"cushion" (I forget what
that's called) on the hammer stop rail. The hammer
doesn't appear to
hit hard enough to cause a click - I just can't find
where it's coming
from.

Thanks!

- John