Petrof keyslip

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:12:32 -0700

I'm aghast....;-]
David I.

From: Cliff Lesher <lesher@jdweb.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Petrof keyslip

Avery,

We can't remove the keyslip.  It's on there to stay in the Petrof=
 115 model studios.  I'll bet the piano in question is a 115,=
 (newest models now called 116s, I believe).  Since key=
 interference with the keyslip is the problem, and since moving=
 the keyslip is not an option, it's a simple matter to nudge the=
 keys rearward just a hair by shimming the keyframe away from the=
 keyslip.  This is what my procedure describes.

For the meticulous in the crowd, yes this might add a few grains=
 of down weight because of the capstan movement.  If this is=
 unacceptable to you, by all means, gather your planers, chisels,=
 sanders and polyester repair kit and reduce the thickness of the=
 keyslip.

If, on the other hand, you want an effective, 20-minute repair,=
 shim back the keyframe.

Respectfully,

Cliff Lesher, RPT
Winfield, PA