Question about the age and origin of a Yamaha

Heather Hulett hulett.heat@uwlax.edu
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:49:01 -0500

The local reputable Yamaha dealer has a used upright Continental style.
When I asked how old it was, the dealer said they sold the piano
originally, looked up it's serial number and said "about 1971". I checked
out the serial number myself at www.pianoshop.co.uk. and they gave the
response "after '95". Feeling confused, I went to the Yamaha site, typed in
the serial number, and they said they had no such number, therefore it must
be a gray market piano.

Does anyone have any advise on who might be right? The serial number is
1210637 and the dealer said the model was P2, although as I mentioned, it's
not a "current" P2 because it's the Continental style.
Any advise would be appreciated!! Thanks

Heather