Petrof keyslip

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:37:21 -0500

>Cleaning is not strictly cosmetic.   Moisture and dirt=sludge.

And moisture without dirt=rust. If you have enough moisture to make sludge
with any amount of dust (dirt, only I rarely see dirt in pianos), the
problems are a lot more severe than sweeping under the strings and
vacuuming the action cavity will cure. What do you charge to mop up?

>Get the dust up every service!

And charge them every time?

>I wish I could get grand customers to install the plate covers.   The
>piano looks like new for years, but then I'd probably just be transferring
>money from their pocket to my pocket.
>
>David I.

Well, there's the cost of the cover, and you'd have to vacuum the dust off
of it with every service, charging accordingly, so yea, I suppose so. It's
true that the covers will indeed keep the inside of a piano, however worn,
looking like new for a long time - as long as they are installed when the
piano is new. They are a very good idea. It's a little more difficult a
sell though, looking at that 40 year accumulation of dust.

Ron N