Dampp-Chaser recommendations

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:11:40 -0400

At 06:06 AM 6/20/2004 -0400, Terry Farrell wrote:
>I own a Boston GP-178, which is located in my home. I have about five rods
>on it totaling about 190 Watts. The unit runs 80% of the time during periods
>of high humidity. I do not have a bottom cover nor a string cover. The
>tunings/pitch are steady as a rock.

So, does this mean that, as long as the humidity remains at or above the
humidistat setting, elevated heat in proximity to the soundboard is not a
concern?

Also, since I have forgotten my technician password for the DC website,
what is the intended purpose of the cover?  Is it to prevent heat or
humidity loss (upward) or eliminate air exchange (bottom)?  Is there any
concern about mold or mildew conditions in such a contained environment?

David Skolnik