Dampp-Chaser recommendations

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:56:36 -0400

Hi David,

We did get humidity build up over time with certain materials and =
positioning of the humidistat during our product development research.  =
This actually delayed the market introduction by almost a year as we =
worked to find the right material and the right orientation.

Elevation of temperature is the mechanism for dehumidification.  We =
generally see a temperature increase of about 5 degrees F.  We do not =
see a problem with high total wattage so long as all the dehumidifiers =
are connected to the humidistat.  The temperature rise might be greater =
in this case.  The product is commonly used in Pacific Rim countries in =
a way similar to what Terry described.  We have not heard of any bad =
effects due to the heat.

Hope this helps,

Roger =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Skolnik=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 9:25 AM
  Subject: Re: Dampp-Chaser recommendations

  Roger, thanks for forwarding the password reminder, and your response. =

    The undercover was developed to allow better system performance in =
drafty
    environments.

  As best as I could tell, there is not any discussion of the covers on =
the web site, and thus, my questions remain somewhat unanswered.  I =
understand the benefit of the undercover in a situation such as you =
describe above.  That would seem to indicate the reduced air exchange as =
the target effect.  Since I recall some early installations I did in =
rather small, underventilated practice rooms and the mildew problems =
that ensued, I raised that question. =20

  Andrew Anderson's response does not really address my expressed =
concern regarding the effects of that much heat, regardless of the =
humidity.

  David Skolnik