Unrestored value of concert Chickering, 1925 ?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:44:21 -0400

I'll be very curious also to hear responses to your two questions Gordon.

Steinway values are insane it seems. I'm gonna guess $8K for a moldy, worn
out, S&S B. Is it more now?

The Chickering is quite another thing. My guess might be $2K to $3K. But
perhaps alot of that might depend on how "real Chickering" it is. I know
that in 1908 Chickering was bought by American Piano Co. I know Knabes from
the 1920s are NOTHING like the Knabes from the 1890s. I suspect something
similar may be true for Chickering, but I just haven't seen that many
Chickerings. If it is a product of lots of input by American/Aeolian, then
maybe $2K or less. If it is a "real" Chickering, maybe even a tad more than
$3K?

Please, someone with some good experience in these areas let us know.
Thanks.

Terry Farrell

Dear list,
     Please tell me the approximate current value of a
 pre-1930's Steinway model "B' grand, in average
unrestored condition.
     Thank you,
     Gordon Stelter

 Dear list,
Please tell me the approximate current value of a
mid 1920's Chickering 9' grand, in average unrestored
condition.

 Thank you,
Gordon Stelter