Glassing pinblocks

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:49:02 -0700

I guess we're talking about epoxy resin versus polyester resin--all epoxies
are resins but not all resins are epoxies?  I don't really know what
qualifies something as a resin, per se.  In answer to Greg's question, one
can develop sensitivities to epoxy and I use epoxy a lot so any opportunity
to limit my exposure.  Also, I have a hard time controlling the airborn
tendency for colloidal silica which I use to thicken epoxy--not nice stuff
to breath.  Of course, I could just spend a lot more time getting a perfect
fit without glassing...but my golf game might suffer.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Page
> >uses (Marine Tex) is a resin, not an epoxy as I mentioned earlier, and
> >would be fine except I would like something not quite so thick.  I prefer
> >not to have to squeeze out the excess with a lot of clamp pressure.  I
have
> >used it before and it works well, though, I may just go back to it.
> >Something with slightly less viscosity that is a similar product would be
> >better for me.
> >
> >David Love
> >davidlovepianos@earthlink.net
>
> I thought epoxy was a resin.  Your local TAP Plastics (there's one on
South Van Ness in SF)
> has various other resins used in fiberglass.  Perhaps one of those will
meet your needs:

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/category.php?bid=3&PHPSESSID=200406291459088
08721551