FW: Re: Glassing pinblocks

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:51:55 -0700

Cost benefit.  Takes a lot more time and glassing probably creates a more perfect fit anyway.  I still work to get a pretty good fit before glassing.  I'm not filling huge areas, but I don't labor over it any more than I think is necessary for a reasonably good fit.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Avery Todd
To: davidlovepianos@earthlink.net;Pianotech
Sent: 6/29/2004 3:42:16 PM
Subject: Re: Glassing pinblocks

I don't mean to be a smart a** here, but why not sand, file, whatever, with
the liquid chalk "stuff" to make it fit correctly? That's the way I've
always heard it should be done, anyway.

Avery

It means to use material such as epoxy or resin which is applied to the flange side of the pinblock and then pulled tight up against the flate flange to make a perfect fit against the plate.