DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN ! (MISSING "UNDER GOD")

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Sat, 01 May 2004 15:38:56 -0500

Farrell wrote:

>I, for one would really appreciate you keeping your religious extremism to
>yourself.

According to this page, the phrase "under God" was not added until 1954,
62 years after the pledge was initially penned.  And it was added only
after the Knights of Columbus lobbied Congress:

  http://history.vineyard.net/pledge.htm

A the time, then-President Dwight D. Eisenhower said "In this way we are
reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage
and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual
weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in
peace and war."

>Post about $%^ @#$* pianos please!

I rarely have anything to submit since most of my clientel are
middle-class uprights, everything from full size antique uprights to
newish spinets, and servicing the complete realm of player pianos. And,
this list seems to be dedicated to the upper-class grands and related
topics - scales, voicing, etc.

So, here is my piano related post ....

In Feb, I had a service call from a man that owned a 1980's spinet
player piano, that the treble was only two strings. Anyway, after
servicing the player part, I tuned it in honky-tonk tuning (my first,
and probably my only time) which had never done before and very nervous.
So, after listenening to years of old bar-room pianos in the movies, I
thought I did a pretty good job. At lleast the owner liked it.

Now the owner is selling his house and wants to sell the piano without a
"proper" tuning. However, he said that the new owner can get it retuned
anyway he wants to - I'm out another tuning fee.

What to do ?