as long as we're...

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@comcast.net
Sat, 1 May 2004 18:51:05 -0700

Way too easy! But you're right about approaching a problem with our =
diagnostic skills and critical thinking in gear and functioning sharply! =
Observation, observation observation.

I'd still like help with this one, though:

Regarding that dollar-left-over-a-la-the-parlor-chicanery-story. You =
know...the one where the three guys ask for a motel room. The manager =
says they only have one left, and it's a single bed,  a  roll-a-bed and =
couch. Price is $30. They cough up $10 apiece and take the room. Later =
the manager has regrets over putting them into such a cramped space, so =
he tells the bell boy to take $5 and give it back to the trio as a =
gesture of accommodation. Bellboy says, "Heck with that, they'll never =
give me a tip returning bucks to them." So, the bellboy knocks on the =
door and gives the guys back just three dollars with the compliments of =
the management. Now, the men spent originally $30. They got back a =
dollar each. That's $27 accounted for, right? The bellboy kept two, =
making the total accounted for so far of $29. Where's the other dollar? =
Same place our Social Security dollars are? Is this how books can be =
cooked? Can I use this method to calculate my depreciation and mileage?  =
:-)

OK, my real piano question: how should the damper stop rail be set in =
verticals? Thought about that the last time I tried to put a strip mute =
in a Baldwin 243  treble and I had no room to maneuver the strip in =
place. Please respond  on subject line "Damper stop Rail". Seems to be a =
lot of variance out there among the various piano manufactures. Never =
ever found this subject in any of the books normally available.
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@comcast.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20